We all know the saying, “It’s the little things that count.”
I do believe this quaint saying; however, sometimes the big things count too! When the big things take our focus off of the little things exclusively, that’s when our minds go astray. At times we focus on the big things so much that we forget that the little things DO count, and
can will bring us joy. I’m not one to avoid feelings, but I think there are times when an individual must re-direct his or her focus onto the little things (blessings, joys, call them what you will) if they are not being recognized. Maybe today you, like me, needed this reminder.
Life is complete without the big things. The blessings are not in disguise, God is not hidden from our hearts and minds, and we DO have everything we need. After all, it’s the little things that make life big!
My 10 Little Things
2. A hot wood stove on a frigid day.
3. Face time with friends & family who live far away.
4. Laughing with your best friend.
5. Feeling valued at work.
6. My 2015 reading challenge.
7. Buying someone an unexpected gift.
8. My baby niece wearing a girly outfit. (Her parents aren’t fans of “girly”)
9. Reserving a summer vacation cottage in January.
I’d love to hear from you, what are ten little things that have brought you joy recently?